Governance and operating structures
The IFOAM EU organs are the General Assembly, the National Assemblies of EU Affiliates in a country, the Board and the Council.
- the General Assembly is formed by all active IFOAM EU members who hold the ultimate power to change the IFOAM EU statutes; the General Assembly is held every two years and is called by the Board to all EU Affiliates and Observers;
- The National Assemblies are organized by IFOAM EU members in a country and held one at least every two years; at the National Assembly, the members elect one Council member and up to two deputies;
- the Board acts as a first chamber and comprises 9 people including a president, a treasurer and two vice-presidents, all of whom are selected according to sector-related and regional criteria;
- the Council acts as a second chamber and transmits national interests and specificities to the European level; its members are elected by national assemblies (all IFOAM EU members of a given Member State or EFTA country);
- Office, from one employee in 2002 to 20.09 full-time-equivalent staff in 2016 to manage operations and activities;
- Working & Interest Groups bringing together the huge expertise of the membership, this is the forum in which specialised positions are developed.
- Policy: CAP & rural development, Climate Change, Seeds & GMOs;
- Organic Regulation: Aquaculture, Fertilisers & plant protection product, Fruit growers, Greenhouses, Group certification, New organic regulation, Poultry & Wine;
- Research: host the secretariat of the TP Organics research platform.
- Organic certification (in development)
- Organic farmers
- Organic processors