IFOAM EU is recognised by the EU Institutions as the leading advocate for organic food and farming on EU policy
But did you know?
• 40,000 people work at the European Institutions
• 15,000-30,000 lobbyists and 2,600 interest groups target them
If you're part of the organic movement, IFOAM EU is already lobbying on your behalf. All the more reason to get involved.
Download the membership form, fill it and take part in:
• Developing a common European Organic Vision 2030.
• Shaping the future of how organic farming, private standards and codes of conduct are regulated in the EU.
• Taking account of global organic and agro-ecological developments by working as part of IFOAM World – thinking globally, acting locally.
• Defining organic as the driving force for sustainable food and farming, while simultaneously providing the highest added value to consumers, especially in contrast with one-issue labels.
• Shaping agricultural, environmental and research & innovation policies and obtaining significant recognition for organic.
• Maintaining a GMO-free food chain with binding European rules to protect GMO-free farming.
• Engaging organic stakeholders and civil society organisations to create conditions that reward sustainable food and farming, and improve our world environmentally, economically and socially.
Because together we are stronger and have more influence on the development of our common interest – Making Europe More Organic.
For more information please call +32 2 280 12 23 or send an email to info [at] ifoam-eu.org.