The IFOAM EU organs are the General Assembly, the Board and the Council.
- The General Assembly is formed by all active IFOAM EU members who hold the ultimate power to change the IFOAM EU statutes; the General Assembly is held every two years and is called by the Board to all EU Affiliates and Observers;
- The National Assemblies are organized by IFOAM EU members in a country and held one at least every two years; at the National Assembly, the members elect one Council member and up to two deputies;
- The Board acts as a first chamber and comprises 9 people including a president, a treasurer and two vice-presidents, all of whom are selected according to sector-related and regional criteria;
- The Council acts as a second chamber and transmits national interests and specificities to the European level; its members are elected by national assemblies (all IFOAM EU members of a given Member State or EFTA country);
- Office from one employee in 2003 to 20.09 full-time-equivalent staff in 2016 to manage operations and activities;
- Working & Interest Groups bring together the huge expertise of the membership.
Interest groups are established to provide direct involvement from sectors in the organisation of IFOAM EU and in formulating policies and positions of relevance for their sector:
- IGOC - Interest Group of Certifiers
- IGOF - Interest Group of Farmers
- IGOP - Interest Group of Processors and Traders
- IGOR - Interest Group of Retailers
Working groups are responsible for formulating positions, highlighting important developments and advising the IFOAM EU Board and Council.
- Expert Groups:
- IFOAM Aquaculture Forum – EU coordination
- CEE Expert Group (Capacity Building)
- European Organic Comms Hub
- Genetically Modified Organisms - GMO
- Expert Group on Plant Protection Products and Fertilisers
- Expert Group on Seed
- Task Forces:
- Climate Change
- Implementation of the new regulation
IFOAM EU hosts the secretariat of the TP Organics - the European Technology Platform officially recognized by the European Commission.