The IFOAM EU organs are the General Assembly, the Board and the Council.
- The General Assembly is formed by all active IFOAM EU members who hold the ultimate power to change the IFOAM EU statutes; the General Assembly is held every two years and is called by the Board to all EU Affiliates and Observers;
- The National Assemblies are organized by IFOAM EU members in a country and held one at least every two years; at the National Assembly the members elect one Council member and up to two deputies;
- The Board acts as a first chamber and comprises 9 people including a president, a treasurer and two vice-presidents, all of whom are selected according to sector-related and regional criteria;
- The Council acts as a second chamber and transmits national interests and specificities to the European level; its members are elected by national assemblies (all IFOAM EU members of a given Member State or EFTA country);
- Office from one employee in 2003 to 23.6 full-time-equivalent staff in 2018 to manage operations and activities;
- Working & Interest Groups bring together the huge expertise of the membership.
Interest groups are established to provide direct involvement from sectors in the organisation of IFOAM EU and in formulating policies and positions of relevance for their sector:
- IGOC - Interest Group on Organic Certification & Integrity
- IGOF - Interest Group of Organic Farmers
- IGOP - Interest Group of Organic Processors and Traders
- IGOR - Interest Group of Organic Retailers
Working groups are responsible for formulating positions, highlighting important developments and advising the IFOAM EU Board and Council.
- Expert Groups:
- Central Eastern Europe (CEE) Expert Group (Capacity Building)
- EU coordination of the IFOAM Aquaculture Forum
- European Organic Comms Hub
- Expert Group on Plant Protection Products (PPPs) and Fertilisers
- Expert Group on Seed
- Genetically Modified Organisms - GMO
- Task Forces:
- Implementation of the new regulation
- Climate Change and Biodiversity
IFOAM EU hosts the secretariat of the TP Organics - the European Technology Platform officially recognized by the European Commission.